As I’ve mentioned in earlier blog entries, I like to spend Saturdays and Sundays cooking and preparing for the week ahead. Yesterday, I decided to cook my go-to meal, beans. I like spicy food, so I got this “recipe” from my dad, who also shares the desire to have flames shoot out of his ears. Hope you enjoy!
Cajun Style 16 Bean Mix
- 1 package of Kroger brand Cajun style 16 bean soup mix
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 2-2 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1/4-1/2 cup of chopped onions
- a few dashes of onion powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Follow directions on the back of the bean mix and begin cooking.
- After around 10 minutes, place can of tomatoes in with the bean mixture.
- After around 20 minutes, add in the spices and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, cover and let simmer for around 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
Serve with tortilla chips or crackers and enjoy!