A few days ago I was at Star Salon in downtown Morgantown waiting for my hair appointment. My hairdresser and friend, Mandy, had several of my favorite health-related magazines available for me to read. While browsing an issue of Health magazine, I came across a great pizza recipe. I know I’ve said this time and time before, but I am a pizza addict. If I could eat it everyday, I definitely would. I haven’t tried this recipe yet, but I’m definitely looking forward to it.
- 3/4 cup of arrabbiata sauce
- refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup of shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°. Roll out 1 (1-pound) whole-wheat or regular store-bought pizza dough on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin into a 13-inch round or 13- x 12-inch rectangle.
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet with olive oil; sprinkle with cornmeal. Transfer dough to prepared sheet. Roll up sides 1-inch to form a rim.
- Let dough sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before rolling it out, and arrange your oven rack at the lowest position.
- Spread arrabbiata sauce on prepared dough; sprinkle on smoked mozzarella cheese and part-skim mozzarella.
- Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Top with fresh basil.
- Cut into 5 slices; serve.