Well today I have officially started the Yoplait Two Week Tune-Up “diet”. I use the word “diet” loosely, because I eat a lot of cereal and yogurt anyway. I first saw the commercial for this plan about a week ago and thought, “Hey! I can totally do that!” I logged on to their website, got the information and realized I would be eating more of what I like to eat.
To give you an idea of what the plan entails, I’ve pulled a sample from the site:
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1- 6 oz. cup Yoplait® Light yogurt
- ¾ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- ¾ cup nonfat cottage cheese
This diet targets approximately 1,200 calories per day and suggests 30-40 minutes of walking or some other physical activity per day. My plan is to of course change the dinner portion to stay within my caloric range, but be a bit more vegetarian friendly. I also plan on splitting up my meals to about 5-6 mini meals a day. That seems to work best for me and keeps me from consuming too many calories in one sitting.
I should note that I’m not trying to lose weight. I feel very comfortable with my size, but I like to challenge myself when it comes to my diet and exercise routine. I also want to see if this will actually work.
So here is my plan for the day:
- 1 cup of Cheerios with 1 cup of soy milk
- Triple Berry Torte Yoplait Light with a little berry flax granola
- 1 medium banana
- 17 seedless grapes
- 1 cup of Rice Chex cereal (no milk)
- Apple Turnover Yoplait Light
- 1 cup of red pepper strips with light spinach dip
- 1 6-inch veggie sub (no cheese) and 1/2 apple
- 1 cup of soy milk