Today I finished reading all of PB Fingers blog entries. Although I’m so happy I’m caught up, I really feel like I just finished a great book that doesn’t have a sequel. (Think, the end of the Harry Potter series.) However, the best part of following a blog is that it doesn’t actually end; I just have to start reading it in real time!
Another official moment in the day was when I decided to pop in Love Actually to better get in the Christmas spirit. Well, partly that and because I need to get my Rick fix from Walking Dead.
God I’m pathetic.
Anyway, before I got home from my day at work, I had to stop by Advantage Health and Wellness for my usual Wednesday appointment with Brad, my physical therapist. I got adjusted, a very deep massage and had to do some serious strength exercises. Here is my usual routine.
- 2 sets of planks for 30 seconds
- 2 sets of side planks for 30 seconds
- 10 hip lifts for 10 seconds each
- 25 calf raises with 10lb weights (1 set toes out, toes in and toes straight forward)
- 4 sets of ~6 sneaky lunges (small space to do these)
- 10 leg raises with toes pointed down (1 set each leg)
- 10 swinging hip things (called “hip 2” at the office)
- 30-60 second split squats (2 each leg)
- JUST ADDED: squats on the bosu ball
- (chair position) intense pose of sun salutation (HORRIBLE)
After all of this, my back does feel stronger, but man are my legs sore! Now if I could only get back to my usual running routine…
I’m off to finish Love Actually, but let me leave you with this: I don’t think Love Actually is in any way realistic and I couldn’t imagine living in a world where Hugh Grant was Prime Minister, but once a year, I like to pop this movie and pretend that two people acting as body doubles on the set of a sex movie could actually meet and fall madly in love.
My Healthy Tip of the Day: Try meringue cookies this Christmas season and save yourself some major calories!