- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (about 3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 4 3/4 ounces white whole-wheat flour (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350°.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at high speed until well combined (about 2 minutes). Add 1 teaspoon lemon rind, vanilla extract, and egg yolks; beat until well blended.
Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir with a whisk. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat at low speed until well combined. Drop half of the dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Combine the remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and granulated sugar in a small bowl; sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over cookies. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes; flatten cookies with the back of a spatula. Bake an additional 6 minutes. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks. Repeat procedure with remaining dough and sugar mixture.
Amount per serving
- Calories: 104
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 16.2g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 127mg
- Calcium: 19mg
Michaela Rosenthal, Woodland Hills, California, Cooking Light