Since I missed Three Things Thursday, I thought I’d make up for it by trying this out.
1. Tom Waits. A coworker turned me on to this kooky character and now I’m obsessed with his strange, southern blues-sort-of sound. You need to know three things about him: he’s skinny, he’s crazy, and he sometimes sings through a megaphone.
2. Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers. Need I say more?
3. Emily the Strange. After rediscovering my childhood alter ego, Emily the Strange, this week, I’ve been on a mission to start collecting her hilarious bumper stickers again. Since I’m pretty much not willing to step foot into Hot Topic ever again, looks like I’m headed to the internet. I had the “Emily isn’t lazy, she’s just happy doing nothing” sticker on my binder when I was younger.
4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic. Ok, so this was discovered last week, but for those Buffy fans out there, did you know that the creator of the show actually created a comic that picks up where it left off? My head is spinning.
5. GOTR 5K. Our 2nd annual GOTR 5K is tomorrow at 4 p.m. at the Marilla Center in Morgantown, West Virginia. We’re anticipating beautiful weather and a big turn out, so come join us if you’re in the area! For those who have registered, don’t forget to stop by Health Works tonight from 5:30-7 p.m. to pick up your packets for tomorrow!
**I apologize for how geeky this post is. It slips out sometimes. 😦
My Healthy Tip of the Day: Swap your afternoon bag of chips for some almonds, grapes, or another healthy, poppable kind of snack. You’ll not only save calories, but you’ll also ensure that you still full until dinner!