This recipe is part of a 10 day cleanse that one of my coworkers is doing. It’s called the Hormone Diet and it’s purpose is to help explain all the lifestyle habits required to restore complete hormonal balance in men and women through proper sleep, diet and exercise habits. Cool, huh? So here is just one of the many recipes available in this cool book. I omitted the garam masala spice and cilantro, but feel free to make the recipe with these ingredients.
Curried Chickpea Dip
Serves 4 or 5
- 1 can (15 oz) organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala spice
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Puree the chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder, garam masala, garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper in food processor until smooth.
- Add the cilantro and pulse a few times to combine.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl. Eat 1/2 cup as a veggie dip or spread. Store dip in the fridge in a sealed container.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Calories 245 | Carbohydrates 25.2 g | Protein 24.0 g | Fat 5.4 g | Fiber 4.1 g