Happy Thursday! It’s been a hectic two weeks, but I promise I won’t bore you with the details. The upside? I did start running again. I started on Tuesday with interval training and plan to do the same routine again today after work. I’ll keep you posted.
Now on to the guest post. Blogger Zara from Manchester recently contact me about writing a guest post for Cat Hair, which I happily accepted. Here are Zara’s 5 tips for living a healthy lifestyle.
A healthy lifestyle is important for everyone, which helps in leading a happy life. Taking care of your physical health will enhances your fitness levels and boosts your strength. It also can reduce your risk for mental illness. Most people think living healthy is all about diet and exercises, but healthy living is really about:
- Shifting to a healthy lifestyle which includes healthy habits.
- It’s all about being active and enjoying your life without any stress.
- It’s about identifying the health risks and working on those areas.
- It’s about taking care of overall health.
- It’s about enhancing your fitness levels, mental health and emotions.
Five tips for healthy living
Diet: Diet plays an important role in everyone’s life. Eat healthy foods which help in building a healthy body. Avoid junk food. Eliminate soft drinks which contain high sugar levels.
- Remember to eat three meals per day. Don’t skip your breakfast. Never eat heavy meals at night.
- Your food should contain fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains and milk products with low-fat.
- Select healthy foods like lean meat, beans, poultry, fish, nuts and eggs which are nutrient rich foods.
- Select the foods that have low fats, sodium, cholesterol and sugar.
- Control your food portions. Respond to your body signals. Don’t overeat. Never force yourself to eat when you are not hungry.
Exercises: In order to live healthy, practice physical activities and exercises. This boosts your energy levels and helps in maintaining a proper body shape.
- Regular exercises can prevent aging. It may enhance your balance, flexibility and endurance.
- It decreases the rate of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure. It may even prevent osteoporosis.
- Regular workouts can relieve chronic pain and boost your energy levels to do daily activities.
- It may increase your self confidence and self-esteem.
- It helps in controlling your body weight.
Eliminate stress: Stress is a major issue faced in today’s society. Due to the increased work pressure and busy life, people are facing mental illness.
- Practice yoga and meditation which are stress busters.
- Spare a few minutes of your time to enjoy nature.
- Plan for a vacation which may relieve stress.
- Practice your favourite activity. For instance, listen to your favourite music, practice swimming etc.
Avoid tobacco and alcohol: Tobacco and alcohol can ruin one’s health and may even result in death. Eliminate these two risk factors from your life.
- Tobacco is the major contributor for oral and lung cancers.
- Quitting smoking is a very difficult task, as it contains an addictive substance called nicotine. Make your efforts, which may give positive results. For instance, you can choose nicotine chewing gums, nicotine skin patches and medicines like bupropion.
- Alcohol can result in liver cancer, kidney failures and many other health issues.
- Change your mind-set. There are different treatments for alcoholism.
- Proper medication helps in preventing tobacco and alcohol.
Be mindful: Change your mind-set. Research says that your happiness depends on your thoughts.
- Develop positive thinking which brings a great change in your living habits.
- Train your brain. Expect positive outcomes, which give peace of mind.
- Identify the benefits of positive thinking.
- Focus on green living.
- If you think positively you can find solutions to your problems.
About the Author:
This guest post is contributed by Zara,financial guest blogger.
This guest post is contributed by Zara,financial guest blogger. At present she is focusing on ppi claims . Catch her @financeport.
Thanks again for the submission, Zara. These tips are great for helping someone get on the right track or maintaining their current lifestyle.