Well I finally enrolled in my first yoga class here in Morgantown. There are several studios around town, but I decided to try Power Yoga Morgantown first. Originally, I had contacted Suncrest Yoga, which I’m still not ruling out as a possibility, but decided to start slow with PYM’s $60 5-class pass package. I’ve been practicing for years, but I’ve never actually attended a real class, outside of WVU’s Rec Center, so I’m pretty excited. I’m off to get a new mat later today, since my cats use my current one as a scratching post.
I signed up for classes, not realizing they had a 2 weeks for $25 deal, but I’m hoping maybe they’ll let me use that deal, in addition to what I’ve already paid for.
Now on to food. When I was in college, my roommate Micah would make this delicious dessert called “Grape Salad” for us on a semi-regular occasion. To say it was delicious doesn’t do it justice. It was heavenly. OMG. Anyway, I decided that it was time to try making it myself.
So here’s the recipe.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pounds red grapes
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until blended. Add grapes and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans just before serving. Yield: 21-24 servings.
So good! I highly recommend trying this out.
Ok, that’s all I’ve got for you. I’ll now leave you with pictures of what my cats have up to since the shut down. Spoiler alert: it’s riveting.