This is my healthy take on a delicious recipe. These muffins are perfect for a tailgate, or for a simple night at home. Dip them in marinara sauce for a little kick!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Splenda sugar
- 8 slices of pepperoni, diced
- 7 cube of cheddar cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup skim milk mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease muffin cups and begin combining dry ingredients into a large bowl. After mixing the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, basil, oregano, and sugar, stir in the cheese and pepperoni. (Set aside some of the mozzarella cheese to sprinkle on top of the muffins.)
- In a smaller bowl, combine the soy milk, lemon juice and egg whites. Mix into the ingredients in the larger bowl and spoon into muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the leftover mozzarella cheese on top of the muffin mixture and baked for 15-20 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce or enjoy plain.
**125 calories per muffin