After carving up a pumpkin for the Fall season, most people chuck out their leftover seeds. Why not try something new this Halloween season? If you don’t have a candy thermometer, just eyeball step three. This recipe would be great to hand out to trick-or-treaters.
- 1/2 cup butterscotch caramel sauce
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon extract
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cups pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of almonds, crushed
- Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside. In a skillet, slowly melt caramel and sugar. When melted, add cinnamon and cayenne.
- Continue cooking until mixture reaches 310 degrees. Stir in seeds.
- Spread seeds onto sheet and sprinkle with almonds. Separate seeds until cooled.