I’m a huge fan of Fitness magazine and frequently try their recipes and workout routines. I really liked this recipe, despite my hesitation to combine snap peas with peanut butter. This dish does come out a little bland, so feel free to spice it up with pepper flakes.
- 12ounces thin rice noodles
- 2cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 3tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2cups fresh or frozen sugar snap peas, thawed if frozen
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
1. Soak the rice noodles in hot water for 10 minutes; drain and set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the chicken broth, peanut butter and soy sauce. Set pan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer. Add noodles and the sugar snap peas; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until peas are crisp-tender and liquid is absorbed.
3. Remove from heat; stir in the cilantro. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Drizzle the lime juice over the top.
Photo courtesy of Fitnessmagazine.com